Monday, March 29, 2010

AM + How to Train Your Dragon = Awesome Day - Part 1


I started the day of by watching How to Train Your Dragon, saying movie was awesome could be an understatement. I didn't get to see it in 3d, but WHO CARES! When Dreamworks released Kung Fu Panda I was in awe, but they may have topped themselves with this one.

All of the characters both humans and the dragons look amazing. Honestly I wasn't to crazy about the character design of Toothless and I'm still really not that into him, but he did grow on me. All the main characters are unique in there own way and have their own sense of humor. If you'd like to see more of the character and set concepts I highly recommend The Art of How to Train Your Dragon, its a beautiful book indeed.

The story is very relate-able from multiple stand points. The biggest being the desire to be accepted for who you are by your friends and family and not being for forced into a mold you just aren't meant to fit in. Jay Baruchel is a perfect fit for the character of Hiccup and the animators did a great job of translating his mannerisms to the screen. Hiccup is pretty much the same character he plays in all the movies I've seen him in. Which isn't bad, I guess I just need to see more of his work.

The animation in this movie was all around amazing. I thought the animators did a great job tieing all the personalities and emotions in this film together. The silent acting of Toothless was very nice. The twins were funny and played off each other very nicely, which was new. Astrid is the very strong, independent female that eventually softens up. Christopher Mintz-Plasse does a very nice job as Fishlegs.

Anywho, I could sit and ramble, but that would be boring. Just go watch it! You'll Love it!


- Nick





No comments:

Post a Comment