Monday, March 22, 2010

The Illusion of Life - Part Two

As I continue to read the Illusion of Life I want to write about the things that stand out to me and make think a little further. I'm only on page twenty one so this could be a very long blog...

"Audience Involvement" is the latest thing to really catch my attention. Movies, both live action and animated that I can really relate to really strike a cord with me. It could be anything from a particular character that reminds me of someone in my life, past or present. Or if a character reminds me of myself in a certain way, personally or professionally. These types of movies are rare, but when they come around it can be an amazing thing for the viewer.

Its kinda funny in a way how people like movies or even love them, but another person could say that it was stupid or they hated it. I guess if it doesn't have something for you, then you might think it is stupid or feel like you have wasted your time and money. Not all movies are gonna make you think and dig a little deeper or realize something about yourself. Not all of them are going to speak to you directly, but the ones that do are the best kind, that is "Audience Involvement" like no other. I hope everyone has had that moment at some point, hopefully multiple times.


-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment