Monday, March 29, 2010

AM + How to Train Your Dragon = Awesome Day - Part 2


After watching How to Train Your Dragon I came home and "went to school". Or I guess I logged on to school? Yeah, anyway today was the first day we gained access to the full website, found out our Q & A time and who our mentor was... Drum roll... My mentor is Anthony Wong! Anthony worked for ten years as a Disney feature animator and is now working at Pixar! He's worked on such great films as Mulan, Hunchback, Hercules, Tarzan and many more! I do believe I hit the jack pot! Yes sir!

Also I watch the Basic Foundations Lecture One, which was amazing! It was basically an over view of the first class. It ran a little over an hour long, and was packed full of nothing but great things! The hr lecture took me about 3hrs due to note taking, re-winding and re-listening. I love being able to re-watch these lectures and not have to ask the teacher to repeat themselves. That alone is great!

Also I watch a few of the training videos designed to get students familiar with maya, even those are cool! They touched on what an animator needs and that is it! Cut the fluff! This is gonna be a great experience!


- Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment